Let’s build little boats with cork stoppers and set them afloat?
Cork is a light and resistant material that can float on water because it is less dense than water, just like the wood used in the construction of many boats.
- three cork stoppers (per Boat)
- rubber bands
Let’s build it:
- Take three corks, place them side by side and join them with the elastic.
- Insert the toothpick into the cork in the middle (hint: you can use a pin to make the hole for the toothpick). We already have the mast!
- Cut a triangle out of the cardboard that will be your Boat’s sail.
- Decorate the candle to your preference. If you want, you can also decorate the corks to give them more color.
- Make a hole at each end of the candle with the help of the toothpick or the pins.
- Place the sail on the mast. And that’s it; we have the little Boat ready to sail!
Now all you have to do is test the little Boat. Fill a container with water, place your Boat and have fun! Try blowing out the back of the sail and watch your little Boat gaining speed.
Idea: Get some friends, create your little Boats and have fun racing!
Esta publicação também está disponível em: Português