Here is the cutest couple made of cardboard: Mr. and Ms. Chestnut.
Let’s reuse the cardboard we have at home! Follow the instructions and get to work.
What you will need:
- black cardstock
- hemp yarn
- cork stopper
- red gloss paper
- black pen
Let’s do it!
- Download the file containing the outline of the chestnut and Mr. Chestnut’s hat. Cut them out.
- Use the chestnut template and draw chestnut outline on the cardboard. Do this in duplicate. Cut them out.
- Use the hat template and draw the outline on the black cardstock. Cut it out.
- Cut a small strip from the red gloss paper to place on the hat. Glue on the hat.
- On each cardboard, make four holes: two in the broadest part of the chestnut (which will be the feet), and two more, one on each side (which will be the arms).
- Draw eyes and mouth on each of the cardboards. I chose to draw and cut out the eyes on a piece of white cardboard to make them stand out more.
- Cut four pieces of hemp yarn, which we will use to make the feet of both chestnuts.
- Take the cork stopper and cut it into four equal parts in the shape of small discs. Drill a hole in the middle of each disk. An adult must do this task.
- Pass the thread through the hole in the cork disc and tie a knot. Repeat this process for the four cork discs. Now you have four threads, each with a cork disk at one end.
- Tie each of these threads in a knot in the holes made in the cardboard in the widest area.
- Paint the feet of Mr. and Ms. Chestnut. I used red for Ms. Chestnut and green for Mr. Chestnut.
- Cut twelve pieces of hemp yarn, three strands for each arm. The task is to braid each of these sets of three strands, and end up with four braids.
- Thread each braid through the holes for the arms and tie a knot in the back.
- At the other end, tie a knot and cut the threads so they are about 1cm apart and look like fingers.
- Finally, glue the black hat to the top of the cardboard that will be Mr. Chestnut.
Esta publicação também está disponível em: Português